I came up with an article about how to treat your hair the healthy way. Belive it or not, it’s about shampooing you hair often or not shampooing it at all. This is what they called the “no-poo method,” stripping away or reducing chemicals from your hair. Just because shampooing is the conventional way of cleaning your hair, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the healthy way to treat your hair. I give it a try and until now this is still my hair routine.
THE NO-POO METHOD
This is how I do it:
- Mixed a teaspoon of baking soda to lukewarm water. Once dissolved water, pour it to your scalp and massage it gently. Wait for 2-3 minutes before rinsing it.
- Mixed a bottlecap amount of apple cider vinegar to a lukewarm water. Rinse your hair using this mixture.
- Continue rinsing your hair with only water this time.
- Use a conditioner on your hair and wait for a minute before rinsing it with water.
For better result, I added a twist:
- Wait for your hair to dry.
- While waiting, prepare a mixture of essential oils you wanted to use to nurture your hair. I personally use olive oil mixed with castor oil. Put it on a small container.
- Boil water and pour it to a small bowl.
- Put the small container with mixture of essential oils on top of the small bowl with warm water.
- Once oil is heated, gently massage it to your scalp (your hair should alreaady be dry) and leave it overnight for your hair to absorb the nutrients.
- In the morning, wash your air and just use conditioner.
- On the following days, you can just use conditioner on your hair care routine.
NOTE: You can do the process stated above, once or twice a week only. But if you still cannot completely get rid of the shampoo, try to reduce the use of it. Try to shampoo your hair once a week until shampoo is no longer part of your hair care routine.
After trying this hair routine, my hair is simply soft and well-hydrated.